THE OAT HAY
The oat straw is one of the most suitable to help the tooth wear and improve digestion hays, since it acts as an antioxidant and is a potentiator of the immune system; but if this hay stands out for something, it is for its contribution in glucose and iron that offer our pets a shinier and smoother coat.
We can easily recognize it by its little bells that house the oat seeds once the milk has reached the grain.The texture of oat hay is thicker, but it is the preferred hay for rabbits and rodents, since it has a texture and a flavor that drives them crazy.
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF OAT HAY:
Oat hay has multiple properties that benefit your pet if consumed regularly two or three times a week:
• Oatmeal helps wear teeth naturally .
• Its high content of insoluble fiber favors intestinal function , contributes to better digestion.
• It acts as an antioxidant and is an immune system enhancer.
• Its contribution in glucose and iron makes pets have a shinier coat . At the time of coat change (spring and autumn) it is recommended to offer a daily ration of oat hay so that the molt is smoother and that the new one grows stronger, brighter and smoother.
OUR SPECIALISTS RECOMMEND:
As is already known, offering a proportion of 80% of hay to the daily diet of our pet helps to prevent dental diseases and the digestive system, and therefore it is very important to offer a varied diet in hay, since the more variety it let us offer the more you will enjoy and the healthier you will find. If your palate enjoys different textures and flavors, you will avoid abhorrence of certain foods and also offers you different hay with different nutritional properties. Oat hay is essential in your pet’s diet, so you should offer him a 100-gram ration 3 or 4 times a week.
We recommend mixing 3 or 4 times a week 100 grams of oat hay with the fescue hay that should be put daily in the henera.
In times of shedding (spring and autumn) offer oat hay daily (about 100 grams) along with fescue hay, thus helping your pet to make this change smoother and the hair to grow shinier and smoother.
OTHER HAYS THAT CAN BE CONSUMED:
Apart from oat hay we can highlight other hay that are beneficial for your health:
– Festuca hay : It is the basis of their diet due to its nutritional properties, and should be offered freely available daily.
– Hay with flowers : It is fescue hay with 10% safflower that helps prevent gas and flatulence and 30% rose, chamomile and calendula that help better digestion. – Alfalfa hay: It is the ideal hay for small pets under 6 months because it helps the growth of bones and teeth.